Everything YOU need to know about the Holley EFI Outlaw Street Car Reunion V in 2018!
Speed Promotions, LLC is proud to announce the Holley EFI Outlaw Street Car Reunion V will be held at Beech Bend Raceway Park in Bowling Green, Kentucky on April 18-22, 2018 for the fifth running of the fan and racer favorite event over the past four seasons. After a four year stint in Memphis, it was time to move on to a new venue and open up more doors to the event that has ever been seen before in the past! The move to Bowling Green, Kentucky has already been a successful one before the event has ever started, first off, the addition of our first title sponsor in Holley EFI and Holley Performance Products. This addition in itself welcomes in a huge market that we look forward to tapping into with the Holley EFI name and brand leading the way for 2018 and beyond. Secondly, the city of Bowling Green has welcomed our event in open arms with the Tourist and Visitor’s Bureau assisting in event promotion as soon as the announcement was made earlier in the summer of 2017 regarding the new event to the famed Kentucky city.
The event is centered around the popular Drag Radial style of drag racing with an added flair of the ultra-competitive world of Sportsman Index style racing along with a hint of the Motorcycle and No Time/Grudge Racing world being added for the first time in 2018. The fan-favorite Radial vs. The World category headlines the event with a huge $25,000 to Win payday up for grabs that is sure to bring out all of the heavy hitters in the world of 315 Drag Radial racing. Next up is the largely popular X275 category where the winner will hoist a large $10,000 to Win check in their respective eliminator. Limited Drag Radial (LDR), Ultra Street and Pro Street Motorcycle all follow in the footsteps to pay $5,000 to the winner of each respective category once again in 2018. MX235 returns yet again with $3,000 up for grabs for the door car racers who choose to run on the smallest drag radial tire available today, the 235DR or 8.5″ wide bias-ply slick. Our sportsman index program with 6.00 Index and 7.00 Index has been a very popular hit in years past, including our latest installment with the Thursday Showdown bonus event which gives these racers two chances at solid purses in one weekend! In 2017, the Thursday Showdown paid an astonishing $4,000 to Win in both 6.00 and 7.00 Index categories, more than what most races pay in their main events. Speaking of the main event, in 2018, we have expanded our payout even more than before, the winner will still cash in a huge $5,000 champion’s purse while the expansion part comes with more racers receiving money than ever before as 6.00 and 7.00 Index will pay the final remaining 16 racers in each class for the first time ever! Speed Promotions, LLC has pulled out all of the stops for the 2018 season and have done so with the addition of an invitational only, 16 car, Xtreme 28″ No Time Shootout to be held throughout the weekend in conjunction with Payso Productions. Jay Payso is a highly respected promoter in the no time/grudge racing scene who has the same visions as our very own Tyler Crossnoe who just wants to see the sport of drag racing continue to evolve and this will happen more and more as promoters work together like this. The Xtreme 28″ NT shootout will be unique in that the scoreboards will be turned off for these cars and the fans in the stands will have no idea how fast the cars are, just will know who won with the respective win light in the winner’s lane like always.
Now, you have a better idea of the classes that you will get to see throw down for over $100,000.00 in grand prize money at the Holley EFI Outlaw Street Car Reunion on April 18-22, 2018, but you still have more questions. Speed Promotions has taken the time to answer some of the more popular questions for you here in the FAQ section. Refer to the following to see if we can help answer any questions you might have about the event, if you have a specific question that needs more discussion, please feel free to contact event promoter Tyler Crossnoe at 731-345-9058 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where is the event being held?
– Beech Bend Raceway Park in Bowling Green, Kentucky.
What is the date?
– April 18-22, 2018.
How do I attend as a fan/spectator?
– Spectators may purchase tickets at the gate or pre-order their tickets online. Ticket pricing is dependent upon which day you care to attend. Full weekend passes are $50.00 and are valid from Wednesday to Sunday. Children 12 and Under are FREE of charge with a paid adult admission.
Do I have to pre-enter my race car?
– No, all tech cards will be purchased at the racer gate upon arrival. We do ask that you fill out our Racer Attendance Form that makes our job easier and more organized to better serve you, your team and your sponsors during the event duration.
Will there be a vendor midway?
– Yes, of course! We will have a master list of all the vendors attending the event as we draw nearer to the event date posted on our website and social media pages.
What are the hours cars will be racing?
– Racer and Spectator gates will open no later than 8:00am each day. On particular days, the racer gate will open before then to give racers the most time possible to get parked, setup and prepared for the upcoming day’s events. We plan to start on track with racing action every day by no later than 10:00am, schedule will be subject to change for an early start if needed due to weather/car count.
Where can I find hotel information for the weekend?
– Click HERE to visit our hotel section on our website to learn more about our host hotel (Holiday Inn University Plaza) and our number of partner hotels that are offering discounts for our racers and fans if booking through RaceOSCR.com!
What is the nearest airport to the facility?
– The nearest airport to Beech Bend Raceway Park is the Nashville International Airport located in Nashville, TN. Located right at an hour south of the facility, just a short drive up I-65 North will get you from the popular tourist destination city of Nashville, to the front gates of one of the most popular racing destinations in the midsouth, Beech Bend. You can visit the Nashville International Airport website by clicking HERE.
Can I camp at Beech Bend for the duration of the event?
– For an extended visit or family getaway, there is no better place than Beech Bend Campgrounds. The campgrounds feature almost 500 sites in a beautiful wooded setting. All roadways are paved. If you will look at the campground map, rows 1-7 are grassy sites, rows 8-17 are paved pull through sites and row 18 are paved back in sites. Both RV and tent camping are permitted. Beech Bend has around 250 campsites that have full hookups. WIFI service is available for a fee throughout the campground so you can get to the internet without leaving your camper. Internet Service provider is Fastnet Wireless. The facilities include 2 bath houses and a laundromat. You are within a short walking distance to the Barren River (fishing permitted) or to the Beech Bend Amusement Park and Racetrack. Bring your bicycles and explore. Campfires are permitted and are just another way you can make yourself at home and enjoy the campgrounds. Pets are permitted with the only restrictions that they be leashed and cleanup is required. Pets also can not be left unattended outside. All campground spots are first come, first serve and there is no reservation available for RV spots. For 2017, the pricing structure is as follows for a daily charge, for a 30 amp service, the rate is $35.00 daily while a 50 amp service is available at the higher price of $45.00 daily. Beech Bend will accept the major credit cards of Visa, MasterCard or Discover or cash payments for the campground spots on the week for the Holley EFI Outlaw Street Car Reunion V. For more information on the Beech Bend Campground, click HERE to visit their website.
Can I rent or bring my golf cart/four wheeler/ATV/UTV?
– Rental carts are not available for spectator rental at LS Fest. However, support vehicles, including golf carts and ATVs, that support officially registered OSCR participants will be allowed at Beech Bend Raceway Park and must display the official and current support vehicle permit decal. The decal must be applied to the vehicle in such a manner that it is clearly visible and unable to be removed and shared with another vehicle. Officially registered participants who request a permit will be issued one vehicle permit for the duration of the event. All support vehicle drivers must be at least 16 years old and have a current state issued driver’s license, this will be monitored and strictly enforced. Spectators or other non-registered participants will not be allowed to bring any golf carts/ATVs onto the property for any reason. The only exception to this rule will be the personalized motorized wheelchairs, mobility scooters, golf carts, ATVs, etc. for providing owners show a valid and current state issued handicapped or disabled placard or designation. Personally owned motorized wheelchairs and mobility scooters will not require a support vehicle decal.
Where do I go when I arrive?
– There will be a number of road side signs that will direct you to the proper entrance for your needs – racer, vendor, media, spectator, and RV camping. FOLLOW THE SIGNS! If you have any trouble at all at anytime during your time, please ask a Speed Promotions race official or a Beech Bend Raceway Park staff member and we will all do our very best to assist you in the best way possible.
What’s the most important thing to do while at the OSCR event?
– Enjoy a great day or weekend of racing with some awesome cars, personable drivers and crews and most of all, just HAVE FUN at the drag races.